Tuesday 2 December 2014

SONG REVIEW: Foo Fighters - Something From Nothing

Title: Something From Nothing
Artist: Foo Fighters
Album: Sonic Highways
Year: 2014

Something From Nothing is the FIRST EVER Foo Fighters' song I listened to. This track has been played every morning along with the credit title on my usual news channel. I've only listened to some of Nirvana's song but I can tell that Nirvana is a BIG influence to Foo Fighters (did I said it right? "is a big influence"? Pardon my English, Sir). Maybe it's because the Dave Grohl was Nirvana's drummer. But Foo Fighters still has something that makes them different than Nirvana and I don't know how to explain it. Personal taste, maybe.

I don't know why, but the first time I listened to Something From Nothing, I immediately remember Katniss Everdeen. Somehow this song reminds me of her accidental rebellion and how Snow threatened her. What the news channel never show me, however, is like the last one half minute where the music turned harsher, kinda like more... hardcore. Now I can't stop listening to it and... I dare to bet everyone who shares similar music taste as I do cannot either.

Well what can I say, I write poor reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment