Friday 19 December 2014

Red and Redder

Jadi kadang kalau aku keluar rumah dengan makeup orang-orang (and by this I mean my friends... or anyone else who's brave enough, really) berkomentar: Aneh.

Dan yeah, seleraku memang cukup "aneh".

While other people draw their eyebrows with eyebrow marker/pencil aku pakai lip liner warna merah untuk alisku (and I intend to do with other colour as well). Untuk bibirku, nah, aku pakai lipstik biasa kok. Dan warnanya merah. But I top it off with black eyeliner, creating an even darker red.

And don't get me started with my eyes.

Truth is, bagiku makeup bukan untuk menutupi kekurangan ataupun jerawat (some people do, and they are allowed to do so), tapi sebagai bahan percobaan. Lex said better, she said, "I use my face as a canvas to draw things". What is our body but a living canvas we own? I was born as a blank canvas, look at me now. Aku sekarang punya bekas luka, bekas jerawat, stretch marks, tindikan, dan hal lainnya coming up soon (if you know what I mean wink wink). And yes, I embrace those new things on my body, tapi aku juga ingin menambahkan sesuatu sendiri, you know? Tindikan di telingaku adalah tiga bukti nyata bahwa I can fill my blank canvas on my own free will. Aku nggak perlu menunggu sampai ada jerawat lain yang muncul atau aku tanpa sengaja mengiris kulitku pakai gunting atau cutter atau kertas (shit happens), but I can do it now. And I take control of what I am creating on my body. Dari situlah makeup masuk.

So yeah, I have a pretty weird taste in makeup but there are others who have even weirder taste (Marilyn Manson, anybody?). And that doesn't mean that we are weird. It just simply means we take privilege of our own body and as long as we take care of it, why bother? Makeup seharusnya menyenangkan, bukan saling mendiskreditkan.

Jadi begitulah. Now excuse me while I turn my crayons into lipstick.

GREEN crayons.

Extremely PIGMENTED GREEN crayon.

No comments:

Post a Comment