Tuesday 5 August 2014

Pop or...?

I don't think I've ever been the type of a person who loves pop music so much. The only pops I've been listening to is Simple Plan and Alexz Johnson, and they're not the kind of pop that is currently booming in the market today. I'd like to explain it to you, but I don't know how, so yeah.

You probably already know lately I've been listening to Sleeping With Sirens and Pierce The Veil. Both are post-hardcore, and so far from pop (actually, in SWS' couple of songs, they are not that far from pop). I used to think that I dislike "popular" music is because all they sing about is love, broken hearts, and things like that, but then I realised that my favourite music doesn't talk too different than that. So I conclude that I actually dislike them because... well, they are popular.

I don't really like things that are popular and viral. Not because I want to be different or anything, but because they usually already, like, exaggerated. I used to love the Divergent series and The Fault in Our Stars, but then it goes viral and people went crazy about it and they make BIG deals over it and I'm just like meh.

I also happen to didn't have that "happy" childhood. My childhood is miserable. Not because my mom didn't take care of me well but because I was just so self centered that I thought everything was my fault and I tried really hard to fit in and for people to accept me that I "accidentally" throw my real self away. So popular "happy" songs don't really relates to me. In short, let's just say that I have "dark" soul.

Oooooohhh that sounds very dramatic. I love it. I might make a shirt of it.

I HAVE DARK SOUL
AND
YOU CAN'T SAVE ME
because i have cookies

 Anyway!

I liked One Direction, Little Mix, Hunter Hayes, and all their friends (exception: Jasten Beybah), but they are just one shot listens to me. I don't repeat their songs all over again until I'm sick of it. I don't really feel like it clicks with me, nor that I feel related to it, nor that I feel like the song just poured some fresh river water to my soul. They were fun, but that's it. I don't really feel like their songs "talked" to me.

So far, songs that really talked to me are just Simple Plan's Welcome to My Life and This Song Saved My Life, and Pierce The Veil's Props & Mayhem.

Props & Mayhem is like a poetry turned into a song. Poetry is a quite complicated art, if you do it right. Great poetry gives the reader MANY way to interpret it. And that is what I hear in Props & Mayhem.

Self medicate while they sleep,
We let the night chase evil things away
And we're like animals homesick from shows
We gotta kill everything before the night gets wasted


Maybe it seems so strange
But we don't even stress at all
'Cause we've got poisons in our well... (poison in our well)

Come at me with everything you've got

 
Burst into flames,
Scream in the dark
I'm gonna light up this place
And die in beautiful stars
Tonight


Does it even make a difference?
When I'm sober, I feel pain
As we run under the stars
Through cemetery backyards (backyards)
Celebrate the way the night hides scars

 
So dance if it moves you
And jump in the fire, if it burns you
I'll throw my arms around you darling
And we'll turn to ashes
Drown me in the flames


Scream in the dark!
I'm gonna light up this place
And die in beautiful stars!

But if these demons keep falling from the sky
It's alright
'Cause sometimes I love the way
You swing the blade
At everything in sight!


Separate me from my own two hands, I've killed so many times (killed so many times)
But I can't save the world from the creatures that don't die.

I kinda like the way you tell me, "Baby, please come home,
I need you here right now,
I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound."


Burst into flames (what do you do when you're out of time?)
Scream in the dark (where do you go when they're right outside?)
I'm gonna light up this place (and how do you scream when there's no one left around?)
(No one left around?)

And I will be the only light
I'll be the only light 

Do NOT ask me, why I said that I felt like this song talked to me because I DON'T KNOW. All I know is that when I listen to this song and I listen to the lyrics, I feel like... it was made for me.
Which, only happened once before, and that was when I heard Welcome to My Life over the radio (with a scissor on my wrist... just in case you haven't know).

There are two parts in this song that really tickle me. One:

Burst into flames!
Scream in the dark!
I'm gonna light up this place, and die in beautiful stars tonight

And two:

And I will be the only light,
I'll be the only light!

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like those parts really sums up my loneliness where sometimes it feels like no one cares (which is silly because there are some people who really cares about me lol jk it's just my mom - wait, Mom, you care about me, aren't you?) and... if I ever turned into something beautiful and really amazing then they will notice me, so be it. So I guess I still have that ugly feeling that called the need to be noticed and fit in. I hate that feeling. And I don't even understand why I'm sharing my biggest ugliness to the whole world. Maybe because WHY NOT.

So there is your answer, people. I dislike pop songs because they are crap. Oh no wait butthurt fans alert. Just kidding. They're just same cheap crap on my ears.

I'm so mean, hehe. >:D

P.S: Do you think this could be an OBO series of music? Idk.

Find me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/AdityawhXo

No comments:

Post a Comment