Tuesday 10 March 2015

Hair and Hare

I've been wearing my hair different since yesterday. I usually either pin it into a bun, a messy bun, or tie it ponytail-like. But yesterday and today, I tie them high twintail-like.

It sure does make my hair looks fuller (from front view) and adding the cute innocent feel (even though everyone who knows me I am neither). And I don't know if hairstyle correlates with mood but when I wear my hair like that it makes me feel like a kid again. You know, the kind, naive kid. The one that sees the world as all candies and rainbows and want to bring smile to everyone's face. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that I'm not usually like that. My face alone is very common to be found looks like wanting to kill someone.

But anyway.

When I met my friend while giving her the book she wanted to borrow she saw my hair and said, "Well, now, look at that! If you wear your hair like that you look pretty, unlike yesterday [when I twist it into a messy bun], that's not right."

And I was like

excuse me.

Everyone can have their opinions, it's true. Just don't be a dick about it. I mean, it's my hair. It looked messy the other day because it is called messy bun. I'm sorry if unlike other girls, when my hair looks messy it doesn't look messy on purpose. I twisted it into a messy bun because it was 1) easier, 2) doesn't take too much time, and 3) it keeps my hair off my face (which is the most important thing because I can't concentrate if my sleeve's too long my hair keeps getting on my way). So for unfair one-sided pro comparison, while other girls trying so hard (and by so hard I mean extremely hard - it would take them couple of tries up to 15 minutes) to make their hair looks messy yet neat and cute to give themselves the cute cool uncaring of their appearance (which, as stated before, is not true), I don't even try.

I don't even have to try that hard, and that's not because I'm already cute (which is actually true) or cool (which has always been true) or uncaring (which unfortunately, still true) of my own appearance. Many girls have stated that they do their make up, their hair, their dress, for themselves. And maybe those girls who try sooo hard are doing it for them too, because trying so hard doesn't always correlates with trying to win other people's approval (I've done my hair for up to 15 minutes also and doing my make up almost three times longer than that to satisfy myself, too), it's just it takes so much more number of tries to make themselves satisfied than it takes to make me satisfied about themselves. But sometimes things could get the opposite. While they do their hair for like half a minute I'm still struggling to decide how do I want to do my hair. Girls are just like that. We spend hours and hours trying to look perfect only to stay in doing movie marathon while eating ice cream and basically destroying the hours worth of purrfect look.

But, well, the point is, if you want to compliment someone about their hair, don't ever say that the other way they do their hair isn't right. You don't know my story. You don't know what I've been through. You have no right to judge me.

Wait I just judged other girls. Oh well. Hypocrisy at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment