Saturday 19 July 2014

#CandorTime

I'm going to make a confession. And after all, it's Saturday night! It's time for #CandorTime.

So basically, I am one of seven administrators - or admin(s) -  on one of Indonesia's biggest book fanbase for Divergent series by Veronica Roth (we have 5k+ followers already!) and each one of us have our schedule on ngadmin and mine is every Saturday. And I have this game called #CandorTime where I just throw some questions and the fanbase's followers are asked to answer them TRUTHFULLY (because what's the point of being a Candor if you're not honest). And I'm not going to lie, at first, this ngadmin thing SUCKS.

The founder and I didn't really go along well back at that time and I kind of feel something like jealousy because I have my own fanbase dedicated to another series of book and they just aren't THIS big. And this fanbase followers I feel like they're too... arbitrary. Their answers are not like what I expected, some feels like giving a really rude joke, and with the main issue between the founder and I, I've thought about quitting more than once.

BUT there are also sweet Initiates that somehow feels like supporting me, and they're just really kind to me, and before I even knew it, I fell in love with this whole fanbase and its fandom. All the fanboys and the fangirls, they're somewhat important to me now and that sounds really cheesy oh my God.

Well, long story short, tonight I tried this thing where I just asked some veeeerry sensitive and private questions about their childhood and their memories and what things makes them happy and what is their regrets and everything and I just can't stop thinking about how lucky I am.

I'm a complete stranger to them, yet they open their mind for me. Sure, some probably not really a big deal to them but when it comes to me, my chest hurts by this overwhelmed trust they gave to me.

WHICH IS PROBABLY THE WORST MISTAKE THEY'VE EVER MADE.

I feel sooooo lucky to get to know them more, like, maybe I don't know what's their real name or their favorite food whatsoever (actually that'd probably be a good idea for me to ask) but I do know what they regret most, what is their fear, and what memory they treasure most. And I kind of feel confused of artists and famous people who has SOOOO much fans but they treat their fans like they don't mean a thing. I mean, dude, seriously, without them you wouldn't be there! These #CandorTime participants are SURELY SURELY NOT my fans but they support me and if I ever treat them like shit, I'd know that actually,

i am the shit.

And if there's any DivergentID followers reading this and you constantly participating in my game called the #CandorTime I just want you to know that I am VERY grateful and I feel so blessed and I owe you BIG THANKS and I also love you very much, like, if I ever had to choose between eating pizza and talking to you guys, I'd obviously choose you! ...because I can still eat the pizza while talking to you.

So once again, thank you sooooo SOOOOO MUCH for being there; thank you for letting me into your mind, and I love you so ridiculously and insanely much. Whatever you've been through, you're awesome and you're beautiful.

I love you.
xxx

Find me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/AdityawhXo

Follow the first Indonesian fanbase dedicated to the NYT Bestselling Trilogy by Veronica Roth! 
http://twitter.com/DivergentID

No comments:

Post a Comment