Tuesday 8 July 2014

Farewell

You were such a good friend
You'd stand there with me and hold my hand
You'd remain silent and listen to my complaints
You'd pat my back when I did something I am proud of

You were such a good friend
So good that I thought you were my best friend
Although I'm afraid to believe in such thing
For best friend and I, we had history

But apparently I wasn't such a good friend
I'd envy those who get more times spent with you
I'd ignore you for hours when I feel that I don't need you
And I'd try to control every single thing in your life

I've never been a good friend
Yet you choose to stay
And I don't know if the disappointment I feel towards you
Because you didn't like I expected you to be;
Or because you had other friends than I;
Or because you don't get the hints that we just weren't for each other

Either you or I, we were both not such a good friend
Because we stick together in the name of times we spent
Rather than similarities;
Or even because we like each other that much

And it's not because we are bad person
We just don't fit with each other anymore
As our worlds drift apart, you tried to hold on
But I'm letting go

Thank you for being such a good friend;
Yet you have your flaws
I loved you back then;
But I think it's time for us to say goodbye;
And leave while sweet memories last.

No comments:

Post a Comment