Thursday 27 November 2014

-choke-

"If you could have one thing you wanted most in this world, what would it be?"

I think for one second. Then, "You."

"Why?"

"Because you're everything to me," I say.

"Why?"

I stare into those eyes. "You're my eyes for me to see," I begin. "The nose for me to smell. The ears for me to hear. The mouth for me to speak. The skin for me to touch. The tongue for me to taste. The lips for me to kiss. The music for me to listen. The air for me to breathe. You're the oxygen for my lungs. You're the one that keeps my heart beating. You're the pulse that keeps my blood flowing."

I close my eyes. "I don't know what I'd do if I ever lose you."

"Then don't."

I open my eyes. "I'm afraid I'm starting to lose you."

"Why are you running away from me?" I lean forward, tie my fingers on my knees. "I can't live without you, you know that. If you ever leave me, I'd die. I won't be able to handle anything. You'd break me, shatter me into pieces."

Those eyes stare back at me. "You're the one that lets me go."

I feel like I just got punched on the chest. "What?"

"You're losing me," she says. "You kicked me out, so I leave."

"What - I - why..." I stutter. "I never kicked you out!"

"Yes, you did. You do. Since you be friends with them. That was the day I was beaten," she spits those words like poison that sneaks in through my ears down to my heart, making it sick. "I was beaten and you let them."

"Who?" it's getting harder for me to breathe. "How?"

"Your friends. You. Your obsession over fame has blind you."

"No! You don't understand. I did that for us. For you." Something has its grip over my heart and squeezing it.

"When was the last time you ever listened to me?"

I fall silent. She only stares at me while I'm tortured. Choking. Gasping for air.

"You trade your soul for fame, Anna. It wasn't me the thing you wanted most. It was fame. And you traded me for that. I have to go to finish the deal."

"No! Anna, don't..." I stutter, spitting sounds incoherently as my heart's sickness gets worse, as my psyche leaving me.

I'm losing me as the Anna I was once turns her back on me, embracing the light she's now under, leaving me alone with this darkness I trade her for.

No comments:

Post a Comment