Friday 14 November 2014

SONG REVIEW: Sleeping With Sirens - Kick Me

Title: Kick Me
Artist: Sleeping With Sirens
Album: To Be Announced
Genre: Post-hardcore
Rating: 3.5/5

Let's be real. Kick Me's lyrics has been written again and again and again by so many different artist from so many different genres. It's about teen's angst towards the 'elders' and how they don't understand the teen's world. As a teenager, this is the kind of shit I like.

Yeaaahh I may have a really, REALLY bad taste in music, but hey, music is subjective. Compared to their latest album, Feel, this is definitely closer to the SWS I used to know (before, you know, the Feel age) even though the vocal and instruments are kinda different. By now I bet you already know I don't know what I'm talking about.


Let's talk about what I know. What I know is that this song is a GREAT IMPROVEMENT from Feel. Kick Me kinda reminds of the old days of Simple Plan where they also sing about teen's angst and disappointment and the pressure elders give us. To be honest, nothing new in this song; it's still the same from how we don't give two shits about what elders think to how they always try to kick us when we're down. But seeing that today's pop music are overall about being madly in love with boys and singing in the shower, I feel like Kick Me is a fresh air to breathe. It brings back the old school. And if you miss the old school post-hardcore kinda thing, I recommend this song for you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment