Saturday 15 November 2014

SONG REVIEW: Taylor Swift - Blank Space

Title: Blank Space
Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: 1989
Genre: Pop
Rating: 4/5

Let's be real, folks. I never really like Taylor Swift as an individual; I think she's a spoiled whiney little princess who thinks the world revolves around her. But before all the hate comes (and I know there's going to be A LOT) I must say that I am impressed with her Blank Space - both song and video. I wouldn't say that it is "genius" because there already plenty of people saying that and I'm sure you already know that but this (Blank Space) is clever.

By clicking the song title you'll be directed to another page that shows Blank Space's lyrics and there you'll see why I am fascinated with it. If you scroll down below you'll see Blank Space's music video imported from YouTube. Swift portrays herself in the way most of media portray her: a serial-dater, a psycho (ex) girlfriend. And honestly; those who think otherwise are just her Swifties.

Swift mocks the media and everyone who think she's a serial-dater and a psycho by exactly acting so. In the music video, when the poor guy come to her manor she dresses and acts all sweet and nice and for a while they live their happy ever after (Grab your passport and my hand / I can make the bad guys good for the weekend ... You're the king, baby I'm your queen / Find out what you want / Be that girl for a month) but then she caught him smiling while texting and she jumped to a conclusion that he's cheating (Wait the worst is yet to come, oh no / Screaming, crying, perfect storm / I can make all the tables turn ... Oh my God, who is she? / I get drunk on jealousy) and begin to show her true color: starting to act all extreme like shatter his clothes and cut his painting she just made around 90 seconds ago and crying and screaming and yelling and dropping his Samsung whatever to the fountain (which one of the commenters on YouTube said is actually waterproof) and trying to cut the tree where she wrote their name together like a thirteen year old girl. In this video, she's the psychotic villain and the guy is just some sweet innocent guy that did his mistake.

Ah, guys, I think I need to give Swift a standing ovation for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment